Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Terrorism



Terrorism is a threat around the world, which many fear as it threatens the lives of people living in the country. Take the 911 for instance. On 11th September 2003, two planes were hijacked and crashed into the tallest buildings in the United States of America, taking the lives of many innocent people. Imagine watching your loved one, or your beloved one die before you. How would you feel?

For one, I am very particular when it comes to terrorism, as terrorism is no joke, and may occur anytime. The country which I am living in, Singapore, was one of the targeted places to be bombed after the train bombings in Madrid back in 2003. Living in Singapore, I am being exposed to the threats as well. As long as terrorists are not being wiped out, I will always live in the shadows of fear, the fear that my loved ones or even myself, might be be victims of plotted sudden-attacks by terrorists.

In my perspective, I feel that I can do my part to share the knowledge that I acquired about terrorism, and in the process, allowing more people to know what terrorism is all about and how one can do his or her part to keep Singapore safe. For example, Mass Rapid Transit ( MRT ) in Singapore, has put up an advertisement showing how commuters can report to the staffs in charge when there's a bag left in the train by suspicious articles. Alternatively, commuters can call 999 as well.

Do your part to keep Singapore a safe country, a terrorist-free country, just like I will do my part.

(270 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment